Below you can find out about new features, fixes, and improvements available with the latest Office Timeline Online updates, as well as a history of past releases. If you have questions about any new functionalities or enhancements, don't hesitate to contact us.
Office Timeline Online v3.0.1: June 21, 2022
- Select and manage multiple items at a time in the Data View.
- Shift the dates of all selected items from your data table.
UI and usability improvements.
Reorder Swimlanes and change their color straight from the Data View.
Duplicate, hide or delete multiple items at a time in the Timeline View.
Shift dates directly on your timeline slide.
Office Timeline Online v3.0.0: January 31, 2022
- Create Swimlanes to show multiple projects or phases on your timeline.
- Use stylish Swimlane templates to get started faster.
- Manage data easily with our powerful, next-generation Data View.
- Place milestones inside Swimlanes or on tasks for accuracy.
- Display tasks in a row to show work streams.
- Line up milestones and tasks inside Swimlanes to save space.
- Place tasks above AND below the timescale.
Office Timeline Online v2.7.2: April 6, 2021
- Quality improvements and bug fixes.
Office Timeline Online v2.7.1: November 25, 2020
- Small bug fixes and improvements for Project Import & Sync.
- Fixed minor bugs related to PPTX and PNG downloads.
- Improved items’ behavior when editing in Timeline View.
- Fixed small bugs related to the Sync and Share buttons.
- UI and usability improvements.
Office Timeline Online v2.7.0: September 22, 2020
- Quickly sync your timeline with Project when plans change.
- See your timeline's title in the browser tab name.
- Project import: Removed hidden .mpp columns from the Import Wizard.
Office Timeline Online v2.6.2: July 8, 2020
- Improved the way Timeline Previews are displayed in Safari.
- Fixed bug preventing the Import window from opening in rare cases.
Office Timeline Online v2.6.1: June 30, 2020
- Revamped New tab in the app’s home.
- Improved responsiveness on different screen sizes.
- Start New menu for fast and smooth timeline creation.
- Small improvements to the Import process.
- Fine-tuned scrolling in My Timelines.
- Welcome widget for new users.
Office Timeline Online v2.6.0: May 5, 2020
- Brand-new onboarding experience for first-time users.
- Highlighting new features and Power features inside the app.
- Import fine-tuning: automatically scroll mapped columns into view.
- Small bug fixes and other improvements.
Office Timeline Online v2.5.0: March 24, 2020
- Import Smartsheet data and instantly turn it into a beautiful timeline.
- Localize timelines to your audience's preferred language.
- Fixed bug that was requesting users to repair PowerPoint after PPT downloads.
- Fixed an issue with saving the current timeline after creating a free account.
- Excel Import improvements.
- Data View and Timeline View bug fixes.
- Small design enhancements.
Office Timeline Online v2.4.1: February 5, 2020
- Data View and Timeline View bug fixes
- Bug fixes and improvements related to Project Import, Folders, and Sharing
- Multiple UI and usability enhancements
Office Timeline Online v2.4.0: January 7, 2020
- Import MS Project data and instantly turn it into a beautiful timeline
- Assign tasks to team members for easier collaboration and alignment
- Add notes to tasks and milestones in your data list
- Keep your timelines neatly organized into folders
- Import notes from Project or Excel together with your timeline data
- Export Notes and Assigned To data to Excel
- Changes to the Style Pane’s Apply to All feature for easier customization
- Improved the custom color picker
- UI and usability enhancements
- Performance improvements
- Bug fixes related to Collaboration, Excel Import, Notifications and more
Office Timeline Online v2.3.2: November 19, 2019
- Minor collaboration enhancements
- Improvements to the color picker's functionality
- Small bug fixes and usability updates
Office Timeline Online v2.3.1: October 8, 2019
- The ability to open a timeline in a new tab using CTRL/CMD + Click
- New keyboard shortcuts specific to Mac users
- Minor improvements to the Drag & Drop functionality
- Fixed a PNG download transparency issue occurring on Internet Explorer
- Fixed a bug that showed "Saving timeline" indefinitely after leaving a shared timeline
Office Timeline Online v2.3.0: September 24, 2019
- Invite others to collaborate with you on a timeline (view or edit)
- Quickly set, change or remove collaborators' permissions
- Easily transfer timeline ownership to another collaborator
- Create a shareable, view-only link of your timeline
- Added Shared with me folder for timelines you're collaborating on
- In-app collaboration notifications to let you know what's changed
- A cleaner, smoother look for the Excel Import wizard
- The ability to import 1-day tasks as milestones
- New Import settings (User Settings -> Import) for more control over the imported data
- Quick-access button that lets you invite colleagues to use Office Timeline Online
Office Timeline Online v2.2.2: July 23, 2019
- Bug fixes and improvements to the Drag & Drop functionality
- Improved the way milestone connectors are generated
- Duplicating tasks/milestones: fixed minor issues and improved style consistency
Office Timeline Online v2.2.1: June 26, 2019
- Fixed a number of bugs related to task duration
- Fixed an uncommon issue that prevented timelines from being downloaded as PPTX
- Quality and UI improvements for a smoother experience
Office Timeline Online v2.2.0: June 11, 2019
- The ability to add status to your tasks and milestones in Data View
- Added Status Summary dashboard in Data View
- New option to reorder your data list by column headers
- Redesigned Data View tab and other UI improvements
- Free users are now able to save an unlimited number of timelines online
- Instant & Free users can add or import up to 150 rows of data per timeline
- Free users can now download as many PPT timelines as needed (up to 10 records/slide)
- Instant & Free timelines that exceed 10 tasks and/or milestones get a watermark
Office Timeline Online v2.1.4: May 20, 2019
- Fixed a server instability issue
- UI and design improvements
Office Timeline Online v2.1.3: May 9, 2019
- Fixed minor bugs related to the Excel export feature
- Fixed small PowerPoint download issue (Elapsed Time and Today marker weren't displayed)
Office Timeline Online v2.1.2: April 16, 2019
- Excel Import: added the ability to clear recently-imported files
- Minor improvements to the authentication process
- Fixed small bugs related to slide titles, footnotes and logos
- Various design adjustments and UX improvements
Office Timeline Online v2.1.1: April 1, 2019
- Added the ability to hide/delete slide titles, footnotes and logos
- Fixed bug related to saving Instant timelines after purchasing Plus Edition
- Multiple UX and UI enhancements
Office Timeline Online v2.1.0: March 26, 2019
- Add a logo, title and footnote to your timeline slide
- Edit any text (including dates, % complete etc.) directly in Timeline View
- Add or remove milestones and tasks straight from your timeline slide
- Brand-new color picker to help you quickly create and save custom colors
- New right-click menu for quick editing in Timeline View
- Calendar in Timeline View to help you set dates effortlessly
- New shortcut: update dates quickly by pressing the up/down keyboard arrows
- In-app Login/Register pop-up for quicker access to your account
- Updated onboarding messages to help new users get started faster
- Revamped Style Pane and other UI improvements
Office Timeline Online v2.0.0: March 4, 2019
- Rebranded Pincello into Office Timeline Online
Pincello v1.9.1: November 26, 2018
- Small improvements to the download functionality
- Fixed an issue related to saving timelines created while logged out
- Improved transition to the app when choosing to edit a template posted on our website galleries
Pincello v1.9.0: November 20, 2018
- Brand-new template gallery inside the timeline maker
- Create timelines using templates: add data manually or import it from Excel
- Apply a template to any existing timeline or switch between templates
- My Timelines: the ability to sort by Recent/Title or search for a specific timeline
- UI changes for a smoother experience
Pincello v1.8.0: September 19, 2018
- New look & feel for the web-app: new side bar, headers and welcome popups
- Layout View: added indicators and tooltips when dragging milestones or tasks
- Layout View: use Shift + Drag to change a task's vertical position without altering its dates
- Added new feedback tool to make it even easier for you to reach out to us
- Other UI improvements and several bug fixes
Pincello v1.7.0: August 22, 2018
- The ability to save Instant timelines (created while logged out) to an existing account
- Updated the Free plan to maximum 5 timelines instead of 3
- Layout View: Added the ability to move task bars horizontally on the timeline
- Layout View: Improved drag & drop updating for tasks' Start & End dates
- Multiple UI improvements and bug fixes
Pincello v1.6.0: July 27, 2018
- Introduced the ability to reorder records in Data View
- Added ISO weeks to the timeline scale options
- UI improvements to the Data View tab
- Multiple bug fixes
Pincello v1.5.0: June 27, 2018
- Brand-new feature that allows exporting timeline data to Excel
- The ability to selectively apply individual style properties to all similar timeline objects
- New option to define Working Days at account level or for individual timelines
- The ability to hide tasks or milestones by pressing Delete/Backspace directly in Layout View
- Multiple UI improvements and bug fixes
Pincello v1.4.0: May 31, 2018
- The ability to Undo/Redo actions in Layout View and Data View
- Improvements to in-app messages
- Enhanced Project Status accuracy in the Data View tab
- UI improvements for a smoother experience
Pincello v1.3.1: April 19, 2018
- Introduced the ability to switch between International and US date formats
- New option to switch between International and US dates when importing from Excel
- Implemented user geolocation to automatically detect the optimal default date format
- Bug fixes and UI changes
Pincello v1.2.4: March 27, 2018
- Introduced the option to revoke or transfer Plus licenses from one use to another
- Added quick-access link to the Account Page inside the Pincello app
- Improved behavior of timeline objects in Layout View
- Improvements to the Style Pane's functionality
- Updated onboarding messages for an even leaner learning curve
- Minor bug fixes and usability enhancements
Pincello v1.1.1: February 16, 2018
- Added on-site onboarding to help users make the most out of the app
- Improved application loading experience
- Improved user experience in case of expired session
- Added support for Internet Explorer and Edge
- Fixed a number of bugs
Pincello v1.1.0 (Official Release): January 22, 2018